Monday, August 25, 2008

Shopping Spree

This past weekend we did a lot of shopping. It can pretty much be divided into the good, bad, and ridiculous.

The Good

We got the kid a car seat so I guess we are good to go. I am not sure why but this really made it seem real. Maybe because you can't bring them home without a car seat. After much deliberation down to when we were leaving the house...we ended up with this one. We also were able to get a bunch a stuff that we had not gotten from the registry, really exciting stuff like crib pads and bassinet sheets. Sunday, I went to the Carters outlet and got a bunch of sleepers and onesies. Let me tell you that is one dangerous store.

The Bad

I was/am in desperate need of new (read bigger) maternity clothes. It is not fun to spend a fortune on clothes you will only wear for a short while. The shirts I bought back in April are just not quite covering my belly at this point and we are starting to border on obscene. I was able to get some long sleeves tops at Mimi/Motherhood. I may still need another pair of pants for when it gets too cold to wear Capri's anymore to get me through til Nov but otherwise I should be good.

The Ridiculous

I had a gift card to Baby Gap burning a hole in my pocket so while we were out and about we made a pit stop. I picked up this and this which are too adorable for words. I am thinking of going with the brown one for the baby's coming home outfit. We have a super cute knit pumpkin hat that one of my mom's friends made which is a good fall look for the newborn crowd I think. The point where Frank thinks I really lost it, however, was in Gymboree. I insisted on getting a Halloween Costume for the baby. I am aware that he will be a few days old at most and that we will likely have it on him for a grand total of 2 minutes for a picture...but it will (it better be) his first Halloween and he needs a costume!

3 comments:

Maria (MKC101103) said...

OMG that is the cutest stinkin Halloween costume EVER!!

And I just adore the sweater onesies. I need to get myself to Baby Gap!!

JackieMac said...

I love love love that costume - I have never seen anything like it - Liam is going to look so cute!

DJ Heavy D said...

Very cute outfits. Although beware of the hooded onesie. They always wind up being so annoying. Unless the hood is up all the time.

So let me guess, are you going to force your ob/gyn to induce by 10/31?