Monday, March 10, 2008

Limbo

We had an ultrasound today which showed a a well developing embryo with a heart rate of 142! I definitely breathed a large sigh of relief. The Ultrasound tech, who has done all my ultrasounds since starting with the RE and whom I LOVE, took all of her measurements of the embryo and then stated she needed to take some broader measurements of my uterus and ovaries. Well, lo and behold, there was another sac hiding behind the first one. Unfortunately, it is much smaller than the developing embryo and there is no heartbeat, although there is a yolk sac. In all probability, the sac will likely not catch up to become a viable embryo and will reabsorb. So we wait yet again to see what happens. I have another ultrasound next Monday. We feel so blessed and are grateful for one baby but I would be lying to say I am not a little sad about the possibility of what could have been.

I know one thing. If twin B catches up and grows, he or she is grounded from birth!!!!!

No comments: