Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Death by Alarm Clock

I love my husband, I really do. He gave me a wonderful birthday yesterday, and is generally the kindest person I know. It is unfortunate then, that I am going to have to kill him. We have very different sleeping patterns. I go to bed early, he sits downstairs and fights sleep for as long as possible while finding dumb shows to watch on TV. I will give him that last night was the NCAA Championship game, but it is an every night occurrence. Come morning, I get up when my alarm clock goes off. I may not be happy about it, but I get up. Frank, on the other hand, sets his alarm for about an hour before he plans to get up and continually hits the snooze button. Sometimes, I have to hit him for him to reset the alarm as its buzzing turns to shrill, rapid tones the longer it goes. This goes on for at least 6 cycles. Then, out of nowhere, a song will start blaring from his cell phone, his back up alarm he likes to call it. The end result is Frank still sleeping and now late and me wide awake an hour early and both of us cranky. It would be justified manslaughter, right?

1 comment:

DJ Heavy D said...

Yeah, Ron tends to do the same thing (actually, I snooze sometimes too, the difference is Ron's alarm always goes off before mine).

Anyway, when I was very pregnant and waking up 4 times a night, I banned all snoozing. For some reason, the tone I used when telling Ron this scared him into obliging.