Friday, June 20, 2008

A New Day

I was watching So You Thing You Can Dance the other night. No seriously, it is a pretty good show. Anyway, there was a dance to A New Day by Celine Dion and I fell in love with the song. I am not the biggest Celine Dion fan, actually I can't stand her, but the words of the song caught my attention. I found the song on iTunes and I have been listening and crying ever since. Rumor has it this song was inspired by her own struggle with infertility and the birth of her son.

I was waiting for so long
For a miracle to come
Everyone told me to be strong
Hold on and don't shed a tear

Through the darkness and good times
I knew I'd make it through
And the world thought I had it all
But I was waiting for you

Hush, love

I see a light in the sky
Oh, it's almost blinding me
I can't believe
I've been touched by an angel with love

Let the rain come down and wash away my tears
Let it fill my soul and drown my fears
Let it shatter the walls for a new, new sun
A new day has...come

Where it was dark now there's light
Where there was pain now there's joy
Where there was weakness, I found my strength
All in the eyes of a boy

I have a new favorite song and I can't wait to share it with my son.

2 comments:

Maria (MKC101103) said...

Oh that just got me all teary. I never paid attention to the words of that song. Thanks for posting this :)

DJ Heavy D said...

Okay, after recovering from a slight gag reflex that kicked in after reading this, I wanted to say that I do remember when this song came out--maybe 4 years ago? And I'm pretty sure I remember seeing or reading an interview where she said this song was about her son and her experience in having him.