Friday, June 6, 2008

Snotty

One of the things with being pregnant is people ALWAYS ask you how you feel. Nonstop. I have been really lucky and have had very few side effects (knocking wildly on wood). Plus, I feel like complaining about pregnancy side effects after going through infertility somehow appears ungrateful. Anyway, my only real side effect has been congestion. Yeah, that's one not every one knows about but makes for some rather uncomfortable sleeping conditions. Overall though, it has not been too bad, until about 2 weeks ago that is.

I got a pretty nasty cold two weeks ago which was miserable. I hardly ever take cold meds to begin with and now with the whole pregnancy thing, I was not about to start. Until the night I realized I would never sleep and literally could not breathe at all which resulted in a breakdown sending Frank to the store 2 minutes before closing to sign his life away for some Sudafed. The cold got better as colds do and I was feeling pretty good going into Memorial Day weekend. Then the allergies hit in a big, bad, way. I have always had allergies and was surprised I had not been having any symptoms as it has been a pretty bad season (see why the knocking on wood is important). After watching me claw off my face for a week and threatening death if he dared open a window, Frank suggested that perhaps I take some allergy medicine. So I started some Zyrtec, which luckily is now over the counter so the insurance company can refuse to pay for it. After paying a half of tank of gas for a few measly pills, I was feeling better. For two days. Then I started coughing like I was applying of the job of sea lion in a Sea World show. A (self) diagnosis of bronchitis and a few days into a Z Pack and I am not coughing nearly as much, but now my allergies are out of control again and have apparently decided that Zyrtec is not going to keep them down. And the congestion is back.

So much for not wanting to take medicine, this kid is going to need rehab when he is born. He is also going to have a mother without a head because I am chopping mine off. It seems to be the only answer.

1 comment:

Maria (MKC101103) said...

I feel your pain. Ed has been sleeping in the spare room for almost the entire past month. That's not all that bad - we're not allowed to have sex anyway ;) He says I sound like a buzz saw I'm snoring so badly. It's a big bad mix of allergies, leftover cold, and PG congestion. My sleeping schedule is all crazy and my nose hurts from blowing it so much. And my stomach is killing me from all the coughing and sneezing...not that I'm complaining or anything :D