Monday, July 14, 2008

Goodbye Ankles....

Hello Cankles! In a rather disturbing turn of events, my ankles are taking on the looks of those of my high school principle. Trust me, its not pretty. I was anticipating this, but not this soon. I had mentally prepared myself for it somewhere around week 35 and yet here we are 10 weeks earlier. I am not pleased.

I knew before I ever got pregnant that I would not be one of those cute pregnant women, who you never knew was pregnant unless she turned around to unveil her big ole belly.... I missed that sign up sheet in the gene pool. However, I am beginning to struggle with the change of my body. Not the belly, that does not bother me, its the face, hips, and thighs that are getting to me. For the first time in 8 years my thighs now rub together. I worked damn hard to lose a lot of weight years ago and I am now starting to see remnants of my former self and I am not pleased. I know it is a temporary state and I am very thankful to be pregnant but still it messes with your mind a bit.

No comments: