Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hurt

It has been a very long week. Work has been terrible. There is a ton of mismanagement going around that does not affect me directly but leaves my medical assistants overworked and in tears daily. I then have to pick up the pieces and yet cannot do anything to make the situation better.
I feel I am getting burnt out and I still have at least 2.5 years left there. This week I have had visits with a little girl whose mother swung her into a wall head first by her mother, a 3 yo boy sexually molested by his uncle, a 5yo who does not speak and whose parents have never had evaluated (despite all of our offices best efforts over the past 4 years) and more general neglect than I can articulate. Some days it is just too much. And of course, there is always the question of how come they can have children and I can't.

No comments: