Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fallout

Oh dear. I seemed to have created a shitstorm.

On Tuesday, February 12th, there is a bill going before the PA house of representatives to mandate insurance coverage of infertility in PA. If you can take a few minutes to send a letter of support to the representatives on the insurance committee please follow the link.

https://secure2.convio.net/res/site/Advocacy?JServSessionIdr004=9v1vfxm1h1.app14b&cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=171


So I found out about this a few days ago and sent a letter to some of our friends who live in PA. I figure the more people who can show support of the bill the better, right? Some of the people I sent it to were not aware of our infertility and I knew that. As I have said many times before, we are not hiding anything, but we are not broadcasting it to the masses either. If people ask, we tell them. Anyway, the response has been mostly positive, with responses of "absolutely we will sign" and "we are thinking about you". But there always has to be one.

Frank has friends that did IVF for their first child and were blessed to get pregnant naturally with their second. We have not seen them since November really, when we went out to dinner with a large group of people. Well, last night Frank gets an email from this friend basically bitching him out for not having told them about our infertility. Saying, how maybe they could have helped and clearly we are not good enough friends since we did not tell them.
Excuse me, BUT THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU! I did not realize we were obligated to tell anybody, anything. Not that it matters, but the only people who before a few days ago knew everything were my closest friends. Our families don't even know yet because we did not want to bring down Christmas and have not seen them since. So now there is all this drama and Frank is pissed and I am disgusted. Hopefully, this bill will be passed and it will all be worth it.

No comments: